Shropshire Weightlifting Club
Hosted by Mike Sheard
Weightlifting is actually a very broad term, many people think of weightlifting as any exercise involving free weights, but there is of course much more to it than that! Weightlifting is often associated with; Bodybuilding, Olympic Weightlifting, Powerlifting, Strongman (Strength Athletics) Multi purpose "Weight" Training and CrossFit.
Our club offers adaptable training for ALL of these things.
At our club we have a range of olympic bars (20 kg) and bumper discs which allows for any free weight movements that you choose as well as instruction in the two classic lifts and exercises. Some key exercises you can do include the following examples:
* Clean & Jerk
* Push Press
* Farmers Walk
* Power Pulls
We also offer help with the following;
- Technical instruction and training on all major free weight exercises (Including the Snatch and Clean and Jerk)
- High Quality individual analysis particularly for Olympic Weightlifting movements (see performance profiling)
- Use of Free Weights Equipment - Including tailoring for specific requirements for other sports and free weights safety
- Olympic Weightlifting Competition Training and Guidance and competition coaching (including during competitions)
- Basic Strength training exercises Instruction
- Club Competitions and Mock Competitions
- Performance Profiling on Physical, Technical, Tactical and Psychological areas that is relevant to the individual.
- Goal setting and general advice
For more information about the Shropshire Weightlifting club please visit their website http://shropshireweightlifting.weebly.com/